We ensure that we follow the guidance in our online safety and AUP policy and react to any online incident appropriately using the resources above.
We recognise that technology is evolving all the time and that the dangers are in turn also evolving. As a result of this we ensure that we:
- Offer online safety advice where appropriate for our families and governors.
- Share regular social media links from National Online Safety.com (Wake Up Wednesdays) to support families to understand and manage online risks
- Provide updated training and guidance for all staff and governors relating to online safety as part of our safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures and reporting and acting on incidents
- Review our policies and procedures with governors relating to safeguarding and child protection and the use of technology each year and sooner if guidance and the law changes.
- Work with Derbyshire County Council and the Derby and Derbyshire Children Safeguarding Partnership to keep up to date with changes and new initiatives
- Keep our website up to date to support children, parents and the local community with their online safety needs.